Saturday, November 8, 2008

A sigh of relief

I feel as if this huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I think I began to become interested in politics right when Bush was elected for the first time in 2000. So for the past eight years as my interest in politics has grown so has my cynicism. My hopes were hanging by a very thin thread before the election, a thread that would have been obliterated if McCain had won, but now I feel that at least we are maybe headed in the right direction again. A long road awaits us, but at this moment it seems doable. I´m in Cordoba now a lazy and slow paced city full of college students and Che memorabilia. I´m off to Mendoza soon to sample some of that fine Argentinian wine and then hopefully to a farm for a bit to take a break from the hosteling world and save some money. I was supposed to head to the farm this coming Thursday, but some volunteers there are now staying a bit longer, which interrupts my plans to head there. So I have to wait until next weekend to contact the farm again and see whats what. Kinks in the plan are part of the adventure in a unplanned trip such as this though right? I guess stalling in the Napa of Argentina is not all that bad though.

1 comment:

Paige said...

by the way, your hair looks gorgeous. When does the rest take a powder? I cried when our man O took office. I was in Cambodia, screaming "Obama" at passing strangers, a bit hysterical for the day. we used to ENSLAVE blacks, now weve got one for a president. Cheers! To Pres O. Make me proud, dude, make me proud.