Friday, October 24, 2008

Elections

So yes our electorial system is flawed and we have had an incompetent president in the white house for the last 8 years, but...in Argentina if you are running for office, you have to print your own ballots and distribute them to all the polling stations. Seems a bit dodgy doesn´t it? Also the first person to arrive at the polling station has to man the station. Can you imagine getting to the polling station to vote and instead of getting a sticker, lucky you, you get to stay all day and work at the station. it´s also very common for presidents to not finish their terms here (though that might have worked nicely for the U.S. these past few years). Though this can be a good thing sometimes I´m sure, I would also think that it could make things all the more disruptive. Hang in there people, only 10 more days...and then everything will be right once more in the world, this financial crisis will end, terrorist networks will dissolve, and global warming will be a thing of the past. A pipe dream maybe, but at least hopefully we´ll be headed in the right direction again, and yes I promise that in the future this blog will actually be about my adventures in Latin America and not about the upcoming election.

3 comments:

Maia&Philip'sBaby said...

hhahaah i love it! OBAMA is coming to UNR tomorrow morning. I guess laura firenzi is coming, so ill get to see her which will be fun. YOu will never beleive what happened to me today......i fell off this janky stool thing, (3 ft high) in my closet, i was putting something away and it came out from under me, i feel back and hit my head, really really hard on the corner of the doorway. I got a mild concussion! ya thought i was dying, honestly, after i blacked out and woke up, my first thought was "i died" it was so scary. went to the doc, he gave me a drunk test, random, it was 11am! anywho, im alive and have a HUGE headache! another good story from the good ol' sis.....love ya! i voted the other day...yahoo!!!!!!! nevada is turning blue!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

ahhh MK! hope you sent your ballet in already, might be a tight one. have fun on the other side of this planet.

Mary Vigliotti said...

we did it!!!! : )
yes we did!