Wednesday, October 22, 2008

South of the Equator

So I have arrived south of the equator! It feels sort of surreal to finally be here after thinking about it for so long. I am staying with my old friend Rachael who has made my transition here so easy. Not only did she meet me at the airport, but she also then let me pass out on her couch for hours and then made me an amazing dinner. Thanks Rachael! I spent the whole day today just wandering around trying to get my bearings. Buenos Aires (BsAs) reminds me a lot of a city in Spain, except that in Spain I wouldn´t be overloadig my system with mate, which I have already been doing in the 30 hours since my arrival. It´s strange to be away from the circus that is the upcoming election, but it´s kind of a relief. I was starting to pull my hair out waiting for it all to be over. Ok, well that´s all for now. If anyone wants a real live postcard, email me your snail mail address and I´ll send one at some point. Ciao for now!

4 comments:

Maia&Philip'sBaby said...

Yahoo! I'm sooo happy you made it! I called your mom yesterday just to make sure you had no issues at the airport, sounds like it went well. So glad Rachael has made your transition easier. Nothing new to report here, Philip and I went hiking at Lake Tahoe today, it was awesome! Weekend is almost here, thank god! Anywho, I would love a postcard.....

200 talus way. apt. 424
reno, nv 89503

Much love!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Miss you, Philip says, "Hola, look out for Montezuma's revenge"

(honestly not sure what that means, but whatever....)

have fun! love you

Shoegal18 said...

You rock my socks! Rock on, little lady! Can't hear about all of YOUR incredible adventures! Keep us posted! And more pictures ASAP! You hear me? Besos.

Anna said...

Yay you are in my beloved Bs. AS.!!!! So exciting. Drink that MATE MK, it's yummy. And don't forget about the facturas (pastries) and asado!! :) Have a wonderful time and I will be reading your blog on a regular basis. Love you! Besos y suerte! And of course I want a REAL post card..I will send you my address.

Let me know when you meet up with my cousin!

Mary Vigliotti said...

congrats!
have a beautiful time and write lots!
love you lady! xo

p.s.

i love the mate! ; )