Friday, October 31, 2008

Well I´m wrapping up my days in BsAs. I´ve been winding my way through the busy streets avoiding colectivos (buses) and lounging in parks filled with trees covered in budding purple flowers...yes it´s spring here. I took a Spanish class this week to give my brain a much needed grammer review, which was helpful. This city is really quite amazing. Everyday I have stumbled upon a new gorgeous park or an amazing piece of architecture that looks like it belongs in the middle of Paris or Madrid. I think the most interesting thing I have seen while being here though is the cemetery in Recoleta (a particular neighborhood). That sounds morbid I guess, or maybe it´s fitting since it´s Halloween and all. The cemetery is more like a small city with street names and everything to direct you to different graves. The graves of course are all housed in these grand mausoleums carved in marble and such. They are quite dramatic and many famous Argentinians have been laid to rest here including the notorious Evita. Anyways its a very ominous and mysterious feeling place. Part of me felt as if I was wandering through a grand memorial to the deceased legends of Argentina and another part of me felt as if at any moment a vanpire might jump out at me and suck my blood. I´m heading up to Iguazu Falls next...the huge waterfalls that are on the border of Argentina, Paraguay, and Brazil...more to come on that adventure. Happy Halloween, I´ll be eating Kinder Buenos in honor of it for all those fellow Sevillanos reading this. Chau.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

MK-- I absolutely love distracting myself from hectic life with your travel stories...enjoy those kinder buenos, my mouth is WATERING!
besos, Kelly